DON’T LOSE YOUR WARRANTY RIGHTS!
Builders provide warranty repair service for your Dream Home
Most homes have defects that the builder should repair
How and when you schedule these repairs is your choice
CHOICE ONE: HAVE A WARRANTY INSPECTION
- Identify warranty repair issues before the builder’s warranty expires.
- Schedule repairs at your convenience.
- Have the builder pay for the repairs.
- Enjoy the cost and safety benefits of the repairs while you own the home.
- Gain peace of mind that an experienced professional who works for you has inspected the home.
CHOICE TWO: DON’T HAVE A WARRANTY INSPECTION
- Wait until you sell your home.
- Worry about what the buyer’s home inspector will find.
- Try to negotiate out-of-warranty repairs with the builder under the time pressure of a sale.
- Try to schedule repairs at someone else’s convenience under the time pressure of a sale.
- Pay for repairs the builder does not perform because the home is not under warranty.
COMMON WARRANTY INSPECTION FINDINGS
INADEQUATE INSULATION Increases heating and cooling costs. May increase air conditioning system maintenance costs and decrease system useful life.
IMPROPERLY INSTALLED HVAC DUCTS Increases heating and cooling costs. May increase air conditioning system maintenance costs and decrease system useful life.
IMPROPERLY INSTALLED FURNACE AND WATER HEATER VENTS Increases risk of carbon monoxide and other combustion products entering the home. Increases risk of fire.
UNSAFE ELECTRICAL WORK Increases risk of fire and electric shock.
IMPROPERLY INSTALLED GAS PIPES Increases risk of gas leak.
IMPROPERLY INSTALLED KITCHEN EXHAUST HOOD Increases risk of fire. Hood does not fully function as intended.