Dream Home Consultants, LLC. provides building inspection, project management, consulting, expert witness, and training services in the Triangle area and throughout the country. Bruce Barker, founder and President, personally conducts all assignments. Bruce has been building and inspecting homes since 1987. During that time he has built or inspected thousands of homes.
Bruce’s professional accomplishments include:
- Author of the book: Everybody’s Building Code
- Author of the book: Avoiding Deck Disasters
- Author of the book: The NHIE Home Inspection Manual
- Author of the book: Black & Decker Codes for Homeowners
- Technical editor of the book: Black & Decker Complete Guide to Plumbing
- Technical editor of the book: Black & Decker Complete Guide to Wiring
- Author of numerous technical articles for professional publications
- Instructor at professional conferences and company training events
- Licensed by the State of Arizona as a residential contractor (inactive) (ROC251432)
- Licensed by the State of Florida as a residential contractor (inactive) (CRC058417)
- Licensed by the State of North Carolina as a residential contractor (72880)
- Licensed by the State of North Carolina as a home inspector (3210)
- Certified by the International Code Council as a Residential Combination Inspector (5188272-R5)
- Certified by the State of Arizona as a home inspector (inactive) (39784)
- American Society of Home Inspectors ASHI Certified Inspector
- ASHI Board of Directors (2015 – 2018)
- Former chair of the ASHI national Standards of Practice Committee
- Former member of the ASHI national Technical Committee.
Bruce holds a Master of Business Administration in Information Systems and a Bachelor of Science of Business in Accounting from Indiana University. He also studied law at Indiana University.
Bruce has taught home building techniques at Emory University’s Continuing Education Center and has taught home inspection and building code classes to home inspectors throughout the country.